Monday, March 28, 2011

Fried computer. GR.

Hello everyone! I have not written or gotten around to my assignment because my computer F R I E D. Yeappp, BLEW UP! This has not been a great week for me...Not only did my computer fry but my friends and I were robbed on the beach. We were tagged team -- as one guy distracted us by asking for directions another guy must have snatched the purse. So Im homeless, poor, and have no means of communication with people across the pond. Okay, that is an exaggeration but I need my computer and my credit cards...Jeez I sound materialistic. Anyway, lets talk about the project and sounds and interviews and where I am at with the final projects.

So I have talked to my friend Peter about this class and loves the idea of us having to blog and learn about different aspects of visual media. So, he wants to make a video himself and help me with mine so that he can show his family and friends what he has been doing here as well.

So I am going to go with the themes that I have chosen from my last post for each video:

Personal: "Mas Alla" based theme. I think I want to show my journey from Clemson to Barcelona and compare and contrast the culture and lifestyle in the south to the culture and lifestyle here in Barcelona. This will include my everyday life style such as going to school and the food I eat and the things I use around the house that are different. And then I will include my experiences here such La Sagrada Familia, Parc Guell, Port Olympic, the mountains, the sea, Monuyc, and more.

Professional: The importance of being bilingual. For my professional video I was going to interview my conversation professor, Pedro, but we just found out that he will be leaving and going to teach at another school tomorrow. So I have one last class with him and then I won't see him again...so that Idea is out of the question. Im not really sure if any of my other professors know English as well as him but I am going to look into it. I would really like to Interview someone who is bilingual. I do have a friend here in my group that is actually trilingual so I might interview him as well as maybe one of my API directors.

Culture: The "Catalan" culture, facts, and personal views. In the beginning of the video I am going to spit facts about the Catalan culture and give a brief background about how it is and why it is so important to the people of Barcelona. And then I am going to give my personal opinions about my perspective of the Catalans and their culture. And boy do I have a strong opinion about their culture (o:

This is what I have so far. I have a lot more planning to do of course. I will continue to write and keep everyone up to speed with my project in hopes for some feedback from yall!!

1 comment:

  1. Don't get down kiddo! Hope the work with your project comes out alright and can't wait for you to come back to us!

    ReplyDelete