Saturday, March 5, 2011

Heaven in a Glass

Okay so ever since I saw the movie Eat, Pray, Love, I decided I was going to live vicariously through Liz's adventures to find herself. I knew after watching that movie that I too wanted to marvel at something and I wanted to feel some kind of an extreme emotion, one that I have never felt before. See, in high school and the first two years of college I allowed myself to fall under the pressures and acceptable norms of others knowing that I in fact was not that person. But now that I have finally accepted what has happened to me and what I have been through I feel so free and excited to explore the true me. I know I deserved this trip to Barcelona. This was exactly what I needed. I wanted to know for myself what it felt like to truly be in love, and not necessarily with a person because relationships are what led me to my loss of self. But I wanted to fall in love in the sense that I wanted to feel what it was like to truly enjoy something. I also wanted to know what it was like to not care what others had to say about what I was doing. I wanted to know how it felt to be the person I am. I wanted to marvel at something. And I mean really sit there, silent, and marvel at something. I wanted to eat all the food that my little belly could hold and not have a care in the world about working it off later. These are the things I wanted to do for myself...and Study Abroad...thank you for doing all of that. So Im writing today to tell you all about the moment that literally took my breath away and then the moment last night that would never ever compare to any moment in my life...a moment of Bliss. We went to Rome two weekends ago. The first stop we went to the Vatican. Some stop huh? It was nearing sunset so it was still day light outside when we went in the Vatican. Such an inspiring and gorgeous cathedral. But as we were nearing the end of the sight seeing inside my group was rounding up to leave...we walk out of the Vatican, I take one step...just one step out of the Vatican look out to see a lighted street that stretches to Rome's skyline, a beautiful purple and orange sky and St. Peter in the foregrown...with that step and at that moment I cried tears of happiness. That sight was the most awe inspiring, most beautiful, most any adjective you can think of. It was truly something to marvel at!

And then last night! So I am in Paris right now and yes I love it! Last night Chris and I were wondering the streets of Paris...just to explore. We wanted to see what the city was all about...actually really we were lost for quite some time. But we were getting hungry and we stumbled upon a restaurant that was reasonably priced and what looked to be a very Paris like restaurant. So we sat down to enjoy our meal. He got Duck breast with grilled carrots and I got Sauteed Rabbit with potatoes. Delicious. Then we ordered desert. He got a tart and I got Mousse. They brought out our deserts which were beautifully displayed on the plate but the gorgeous set up of the desert does not even begin to do it justice. The taste of the mousse I had gotten was the most mouth watering, rich, comforting, and delicious bite of anything I have ever eaten in my life. With my first bite of the mousse I seriously closed my eyes and was in a completely different world. For a solid hour Chris says I did not speak one word and I had a grin on my face like this was in fact the best moment of my life. I truly was in my own heaven. I never knew or thought food could provoke such feelings...but it did! As weird as it is to say it but that Chocolate Mousse changed my life!

There will be pictures to come of the sunset and the chocolate mousse! I hope one day all of you are able to experience the feelings and emotions that I have from my experience traveling!

Bon dia!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this! There seems to be a sort of "Eat, Pray, Love" Zeitgeist among our members this time - which is cool. I appreciate the contemplative quality!

    ReplyDelete