Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet." — Bob Marley

Sorry for my absence! With everything going on I've found myself neglecting the "real world". Officially, I can say I am living my life to the fullest here in Barcelona. Everyone dreams of doing something as life changing as this experience and well I am the lucky little girl that is living that dream! Its been eight days since we have been here and I have never been more emotional (good emotions that is) than I have been! I am all kinds of emotions -- happy, excited, curious, anxious, nervous, etc. Everyday here is a new adventure or full of new experiences to encounter. We haven't really gotten to go see any places because the weather has been kind of bad. Lots of rain. Rumor has it that it never rains in Barcelona...lucky us days 3, 4, and 5 pour down rain. How rude. But leave it up to us girls to make the best of the rain! Lets see where do I begin...usually we've just been wondering the streets looking for new restaurants to eat at or bars to go to at night! We have eaten at several restaurants. The first restaurant we ate at was called "Tapa Apat" If you did not notice the second word is just Tapas spelled backward! I got some amazing fresh crawfish with a side of vegetables that make my mouth water just writing about it! Om nom nom nom! Oh and of course we tried the notorious sangria! At this restaurant it was alright...it was extremely sweet though! That same night we went to a bar called Oveja Negra, which translates into black sheep! Apparently, a lot of locals love this bar. We met some Italians that were "bloody" awesome! The next night we ate at Un Fresco...which is a wonderful salad buffet! These type places are extremely popular here...and of course I loved it! Salad...can never go wrong with salad. But all the food is SO fresh here. Its almost as if they had picked the vegetables that very morning! And that night we decided to try out the club scene! So crazy...but there is a downfall about this whole trip...being American! They know that we are American and they take advantage of it because we don't know prices and sales and what have you. Rude. We ran into this problem at the club trying to get in! And then the past couple of nights we have been going to an Irish Bar called George Pain and Queen Vic! We are official groupies of Queen Vic! I absolutely love the people that work there and the atmosphere is GREAT! The people are in love with us as well! We've met several other Clemson students at "The Vic". Apparently Clemson has made their mark there because they have a Clemson bumper sticker on the mirror and a Clemson basketball ticket on display! How awesome is that! Well tomorrow school starts and I am extremely nervous! EVERYTHING is going to be in Spanish! Ahhhhh! If my Spanish does not get better here then I am just going to give up trying to learn the language. It would be next to impossible to not learn the language! But I need to try and get some sleep so I will be well rested for my first day of school!! Below is a picture of the breakfast I had this morning with a new friend of mine that I have met here! He took me to have an Irish breakfast...and it was absolutely delicious. The picture will speak for itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment