Thursday, February 24, 2011

Exploring the world of Digital...my attempted photography skills!

My brother is a photographer as well! I wish I had his talent but unfortunately Matthew got the "artsy-fartsy" genes, as my mom would call it! So here is my attempts at taking "artsy" pictures! Now just keep in mind my camera is not some high tech, zoom in, zoom out camera -- it's just a plain and simple $95 digital camera!

The first picture is a candid shot of a couple in Italy. This is one of the first points Pat mentions in lesson one -- about not taking still photos and of photos straight on. This is a natural shot, showing people in their environment.



The following photograph is an example of a vertical shot taken of my friend Allison in Rome. Here we are on the Spanish Steps watching the sunset. I wanted to get a glimpse of her looking out at the sunset and Rome's skyline. Such a beautiful site to see...one that can only be fully appreciated in person but I did my best to capture the moment!


And here are a few examples of some horizontal photos. I used a horizontal snap shot when I thought I needed to get a long span of something in the picture, such as the Barcelona Skyline.





Pat's tip number 3 is to use different angles. The following example is a picture that I took at the Vatican. Although I am already at a different angle since the building is so tall I squatted down to one knee to take this picture so that I could experiment with different angles.


Rule #5: Be aware of the light. This is my favorite rule because I love working with different lighting so here are a few pictures of me playing with the light. Most of the times I love the way the sun hits something and creates a shadow so most of these photos are playing with the sunlight. I also like how the sun hits water so there is an example of that as well!








The following picture is an example of the 1/3 Rule. The girl photographer, who I am photographing, her head is in the upper right hand corner where the lines intersect and I left space in the left hand side so that you could see what she was taking a photograph of. Same goes for the picture of me in the super market in Barcelona.



These are only a few examples of my photography skills! I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment